The Guide to the Guns by Magmus at Jan 8, 2014 8:02pm
This guide will explain all the features of each weapon so you can see which one suits you.
Click on the name of the weapon you want information on.
The M4A1 is an automatic assault rifle with many modification capabilities, these include:
- Barrel Exterior
The M4A1 also has multiple types of clips ranging from 10 round clips to 60 round double tied clips. Due to lack of implementation, the 60 round double tied clips do not need reloading after shooting 30 shots.
- Large clips sizes available
- Best weapon in close range due to decent damage and automatic fire
- Plenty of modifications available
- Inaccurate at long ranges
- Rather high damage drop off over distance
M4A1 assault rifles can be found at the prison buildings in military airfields, they are marked with a large red circle on the DayzDB map.
You can find the modifications for this rifle inside the large hangars next to the prison buildings in airfields, or anywhere in general that also contain weapons such as the large ship wreck or school buildings.
The Mosin Nagant is a bolt action rifle that has a couple of modifications available, these include:
- Long range scope (Sniper scope)
- Bipod (used to increase accuracy when deployed prone)
This rifle does not use clips, in fact, only loose bullets can be found for this rifle and 5 at a time can be loaded in this rifle at once.
- Highly accurate, shots can be fired from a long distance and would most likely hit your target
- High damage, usually one shot kills on both players and zombies depending on area hit and equipment
- Can be equipped with good modifications to make it a proper sniper rifle
- Slow fire rate
- Has to be reloaded by going into inventory and selecting 7.62 rounds
- Not suitable in close range because of slow fire rate
- Low clip capacity, only 5 rounds
Mosin Nagants can be found in stables, hospitals, car trunks or even a school building, they are relatively common. The ammo for this rifle can be found practically anywhere, either packaged in a brown packet or loosely.
Modifications for this rifle can be found in the same place as M4A1 attachments.
The Magnum is a revolver pistol that has no modifications available, but possesses great power that makes it a suitable sidearm. But the ammo for this gun is rare (.357 rounds) and they have to be reloaded by interacting with the ammo in your inventory.
- High damage
- They can be carried alongside the M4A1 and Mosin
- Rather a common weapons, even though ammo is rare
- Inaccurate at longer ranges
- High damage drop off over distance
- Bullets drop at a lesser range than the rifles
- Inconvenient to load ammo separately through inventory rather than interaction
Magnum revolvers can generally be found in place of a Mosin rifle at hospitals, school buildings, stables but they can also be found at military bases as well.
The FNX45 is a pistol that has modifications available for it in the form of:
This pistol uses 15 round clips and is semi-automatic, though the bullets can be fired as fast as the player can fire, making it a more convenient sidearm than a Magnum in terms of fire rate and clip size.
- High clip capacity at 15 rounds in a clip (.45 rounds)
- Bullets can be found loosely as well to be able to refill clips
- Can carry alongside a M4A1 or a Mosin
- Gives the player more versatility in combat when paired with a Mosin rifle
- Fires as fast as the player can fire
- Weak damage (one shot kill on zombies, but clothed players with helmets will be tricky to kill)
- Inaccurate, even more so at longer ranges
- Massive damage drop off, making bullets virtually ineffective at long distances
The FNX45 pistol can be found at military bases and sometimes in the same areas as a Mosin or Magnum, such as a school building or an abandoned ship.
The modifications for this pistol can be found at the same places as Mosin and M4A1 modifications, like military bases.