The CZ550 is the rarest weapon you can find in farm areas. However, it is still the most commonly found sniper rifle in DayZ.
Unlike the other sniper rifles, the CZ550 does not use the mil-dot system for range-finding purposes. Instead, you must calculate the distance of your target from its width, using the vertical lines that are spaced along the horizontal cross-hair of the CZ scope.A standing player directly facing you when looking through the scope looks like this:
- Range: 100m - Width: 8 lines at the waist
- (or 12 lines at shoulders with the chevron tip being 12 from the outer edge)
- Range: 200m - Width: 6 lines
- Range: 300m - Width: 4 lines
- Range: 400m - Width: 3 lines
- Range: 500m - Width: 2.50 lines (approx.)
- Range: 600m - Width: 2.00 lines (approx.)
- Range: 700m - Width: 1.75 lines (approx.)
- Range: 800m - Width: 1.5 lines (approx.)
1 line = 1 horizontal line = the distance between 2 vertical lines.
Range = 1200 / Lines (approx)